Social Design Notes: About this Site
I think I might be a "Social Designer", or at least an urban designer.
"I’m still working on my definition of “Social Design,” but I’m inclined towards projects that:
* are affordable and sustainable
* are made of renewable materials
* use energy from renewable sources and increase energy efficiency
* reduce consumption and waste, are reusable or recyclable
* are produced and developed locally
* are universally accessible to people of all ages, abilities, and physical conditions
* facilitate mobility, communication, and participation in civic life
* decentralize political power and facilitate transparency and accountability.