Friday, April 03, 2009

G.M. Says It’s Willing to File for Bankruptcy - NYTimes.com

G.M. Says It’s Willing to File for Bankruptcy - NYTimes.com

My dad used to try and explain Chapter 11 to me. It was during car drives and I never got all of it. Now a days I think Chapter 11 is a lot different than it used to be. Airlines used to go into Chapter 11 all the time, but now they try not to. Again, I don't remember why. Regardless, this is a potentially huge deal if GM does go for Chapter 11.

I have family and friends at GM. I wish them well, but more importantly this could have disastrous complications through the country. However, old things are not always good things, and being a small business owner, its simply not fair that certain businesses are able to continue to stay in business if they are bleeding cash. If Echappe bleeds cash, we're out. Why not them? Because they are too integrally intertwined into our economy? Well, every business is intertwined into the economy and if its sucking cash out of everything else (while credit is not being extended) I think in the long run, it hurts everyone.

No comments: