Saturday, December 09, 2006

UCLA Student Tasered by Police in Library

There has been a lot of talk lately about this video. It seems like the kid being tased was hysterical because he thought the police were overreacting. They were. I would have been the same way. Some people have commented on this video at YT that the police were doing their jobs and the kid should have just left. The thing is, he was leaving, he knew he was in the "wrong" library and he was already pissed because they 'randomly' asked him for his ID because of this brown skin. If I were asked to leave a LIBRARY where I was READING because of permissions I felt were arbitrary and was then arrested for trying to leave I would be screaming my head off too. Regardless of what you think the kid should or should not have done, those asshole cops should not have tased a kid let alone tased an initially cooperating kid and then exasperated it by tasing him again after he was handcuffed. Its an abuse of power.

No comments: